1. The Bazaar by Chef Jose Andres : What to order --- Sauteed cauliflower "couscous" (cauliflower puree, harissa, lemon, crispy quinoa, raisins, pine nuts, granada); Chipirones en su tinta (baby squid with own ink); Papas Canarias (salty wrinkled, with mojo verde); Boneless chicken wings, green olive puree. Try the desserts at the Patisserie. Hot chocolate mousse, hazelnut prailine, pears, pear sorbet was the best ever!
|Papas Canarias (salty wrinkled potatoes with mojo verde)|
2. Pizzeria Mozza by Mario Batali : What to order --- Birra Moretti Draft; Insalata mista (olive oil, lemon juice, salt); Pizza Funghi Misti (fontina, taleggio, thyme); Sweet ricotta cannoli filled with cherries and chocolate chips, drizzled with candied zest and Sicilian pistachios! The pizza had a crunchy crust, the cheeses melted beautifully. Excellent!
|Sweet ricotta cannoli filled with cherries and chocolate chips|
3. Gjellina (Venice Beach) : What to order --- Tecate Beer; Salad: Bloomsdale Spinach with Olive, feta, pinenuts and crouton; Pizza: Mushroom, goat cheese, truffle oil; Homemade Gelato: mint and chocolate; espresso. Very relaxing ambience, great location (Abbot Kinney Blvd), and tasty fresh food.
|Bloomsdale Spinach Salad (olive, feta, pine nuts, croutons)|
4. Surf and Sand Resort, Splashes Restaurant (Laguna Beach) : What to order --- Benton Farms Ham, cornichon, gruyere, dijon butter sandwich; Poached Shrimp, tender greens, avocado, enoki, Champagne salad.
|Poached Shrimp Salad|
5. Lucques by Chef Suzanne Goin : What to order --- The bread and the marcona almonds are delicious!; aFarro salad, spring vegetables (fennel, asparagus, radicchio, sweet pea shoots, feta cheese); Grilled cheese sandwich with lomo and chorizo, served with arugula & apple salad. Modern, sustainable! One of the best restaurants in the country!!!
|Crusty bread, marcona almonds, etc|
|Farro salad, spring vegetables (fennel, asparagus, radicchio, sweet peas shoots), feta|
|Grilled cheese sandwich with lomo and chorizo, arugula & apple salad|
6. BLD (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) by Chef Diana Stavaridis : What to order --- Lamb burger with feta cheese, tzatziki sauce & french fries; Seared Albacore Tuna with couscous vinaigrette and cilantro lime cream; Swirled Lemon Cheesecake, ginger graham crust, blueberry sauce, and whole pistachios. The burger was super juicy, the dessert was refreshing and lemony!
|Seared Albacore Tuna with couscous|
7. Tusca Restaurant (Hyatt Regency Hotel, Anaheim) : What to order --- Quartino of Red Wine; Beet Salad with Endives and Goat Cheese; Try the focaccia with trio of spreads: olive oil, white bean spread, and garlic butter; THE PIZZA: delicious crust, mixed funghi, and taleggio cheese; for dessert: warm lemon curd tart with blueberries and vanilla gelato. Very modern restaurant and delicious tuscan food!
8. Anaheim White House by Bruno Serato : What to order --- The health conscious menu: beef carpaccio; balsamic salad in a rice paper shell; oven roasted beef tenderloin (with Dijon mustard); fresh fruits (blueberries and strawberries). Or Pasta Bolognese :)
|The creative napkin|
|Balsamic salad in a rice paper shell|
|Oven roasted beef tenderloin with Dijon mustard|
|Fresh fruit (blueberries and strawberries)|
9. Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar (Disneyland, Anaheim, CA) : What to order --- Irish salmon with serrano ham chip, Brussels sprouts, romesco sauce, Marcona almonds, and micro parsley; Roasted half chicken with savoy cabbage, butternut squash, pearl onions, Dijon mustard, and chicken au jus; Deconstructed s'more: chocolate flourless cake, marshmallow brule, graham cracker ice cream, honey tuile; French press coffee. Really, the best restaurant in Disneyland!!!
|Irish salmon with serrano ham chip|
|Roasted half chicken with savoy cabbage|
10. Mr. Stox Restaurant (Anaheim) : What to order --- Ahi Tuna Nicoise with fingerling purple potatoes, heirloom tomatoes, and egg; Grilled Swordfish with curry-basmati rice; Alaska with chocolate ice-cream, merengue, and raspberry coulis.
|Ahi Tuna Nicoise with Purple fingerlings, egg, heirloom tomatoes|
|Grilled Swordfish with curry-basmati rice|
|Alaska with chocolate ice-cream, merengue, raspberry coulis|
11. K'YA Bistro and Bar (Laguna Beach) : What to order --- Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil, and Balsamic Reduction Salad; Grilled Salmon Fillet with Arugula, Tomato Salsa, and Caper Vinaigrette; Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with fresh berries!
|Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato, Basil, and Balsamic Reduction Salad|
|Grilled Salmon Fillet with Arugula, Tomato Salsa, and Caper Vinaigrette|
|Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with Fresh Berries|
12. Mix Restaurant (Hilton Hotel Anaheim) : What to order --- Grilled salmon with pineapple-avocado salsa, served over basmati rice; Salisbury steak, served on top of mashed potatoes with mushroom gravy and steamed broccolini. This restaurant is not very extraordinary, but it is good if you happen to have a conference or a day in the Hilton Hotel. It has modern decor and plenty of tables.
|Salisbury Steak on top of mashed potatoes over mushroom sauce|
|Grilled Salmon with pineapple-avocado salsa on top of basmati rice|