1. Naha : What to order ---Pan Roasted Skate Wing with "Blue Hubbard" Heirloom Squash Cannelloni, Golden Chanterelles and Braied Leeks, Spaghetti Squash, Apple Cider Brown Butter and Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil; Wild Alaskan Halibut with a "Fondant" of Butternut Squash, Vibrant Young Carrots & Turnips, Hen of the woods mushrooms, Celery Root Mousseline, Enriched Squash Jus & Chives; "Gateau Basque" Custard Cake, Olive Oil Ice Cream, Pomegranate Jelly, Poached Bartlett Pears and Pomegranate Seeds; Dark chocolate truffles and date jellies.
|Pan Roasted Skate Wing with "Blue Hubbard" Heirloom Squash Cannelloni|
|Wild Alaskan Halibut with a "Fondant" of Butternut Squash|
|"Gateau Basque" Custard Cake, Olive Oil Ice Cream|
|Dark chocolate truffles and date jellies|
2. The Peninsula Chicago (Pierrot Gourmet Bistro) : What to order --- Thanksgiving Prix-Fixe Brunch; Salad Nicoise (rare seared tuna, arugula, frisee, egg, potatoes, haricots verts, white anchovies, tomatoes, and balsamic dressing); Quiche Lorraine (gruyere cheese, bacon, leeks, and petite salad).
|Dessert Table (Thanksgiving lunch)|
|Quiche Lorraine (gruyere cheese, bacon, leeks, and petite salad)|
3. Mercat a la Planxa : What to order --- Pan de tomate y ajo; Patatas bravas (spicy potatoes with spicy paprika aioli); Gratin de escalivada (oven baked roasted red peppers, tomato, eggplant, chipolini onions, goat cheese, and grilled sourdough); Coca de gambas con garbanzos (this was a flatbread topped with shrimp, chorizo, and garbanzo bean puree); Hazelnut Mascarpone Gateaux, apricot sorbet, dried apricots, dulce de leche, and toasted hazelnuts!!!
|Garlic and Tomato Toast|
|Patatas bravas (spicy potatoes with spicy paprika aioli)|
|Gratin de escalivada|
|Coca de gambas con garbanzos|
|Hazelnut Mascarpone Gateaux|
4. Sixteen en Trump Hotel : What to order --- Pretzel rolls; Rushing water's rainbow brook trout (served with spaghetti squash, baby spinach, and red wine butter); Slagel farms prime burger (red onion jam, farm house white cheddar, roasted garlic aioli, pretzel bun, and micro greens). The "waffle" potatoes were such a good addition!!!
|Rushing water's rainbow brook trout|
|Slagel farms prime burger|
|Tonno (tuna, onions, mint-carrot brodo, and cocoa)|
|Bittersweet Chocolate Budino with Vanilla Ice Cream|
6. Cafe Spiaggia : What to order --- Pizze Prosciutto (tomato, prosciutto di Parma, fresh mozzarella, arugula, and whole wheat crust); Tiramisu (ladyfingers, mascarpone, cocoa, amaretto, Illy espresso). The amaretto was a smart twist. The almond flavor was well suited for the creamy texture of the mascarpone. The plating of the dessert was perfect. On the bottom, there was a white creamy sauce (probably mascarpone-based), drizzled with chocolate sauce. On the top, crunchy caramel!!!
7. North Pond : What to order --- Pork & Apple (Tenderloin, Confit Belly, Apple Pudding, Kohlrabi Fondant, Brussels Sprouts, Butterscotch-Apple Puree, and Cinnamon); Seabream & Pumpkin (Grilled Carolina Sheepshead Seabream Fillet, Wild Rice, Apple, Butternut Squash, Romanesco, Kale, and Pumpkin Seed Mole); Chocolate Huckleberry (Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake, Fresh Huckleberries, Meyer Lemon Puree, HUckleberry Sorbet, and Toasted Hazelnuts); Salted-chocolate truffles and grape jellies at the end :) THE BEST RESTAURANT!!!
|Pork & Apple (Tenderloin, Confit Belly, Apple Pudding, Kohlrabi Fondant)|
|Seabream & Pumpkin (Grilled Carolina Sheepshead Seabream Fillet, Wild Rice)|
|Chocolate Huckleberry (Chocolate-Hazelnut Cake, Fresh Huckleberries, Meyer Lemon Puree)|
|Salted-chocolate truffles and grape jellies at the end|