Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sweet dreams


This past week, I prepared a variety of desserts and I had smile on my face every day! If you are chocolate lover, like me, you should try Upside Down Almond Chocolate Tart. It is fudgy and crunchy at the same time. I served it with my homemade strawberry frozen yogurt and chocolate-almond salty bark. For an even prettier presentation, I drizzled some of my house chocolate sauce. It was out-of-this-world delicious!!!



Upside Down Almond Chocolate Tart
I also prepared plenty of tiramisu, so that I can come back home from work and be sure that we have a dessert for that night. The interesting part is that tiramisu is one of those desserts that improves with time. So, the best approach is to make 6-8 at a time and wait for the cookies to absorb the sweet mixture.

Homemade Tiramisu


I baked a classic pound cake, but made with a mixture of canola oil and butter. The addition of buttermilk make things even better. The result is a soft, light, and lemony piece of heaven. Since it is a huge cake for two of us, I slice it in portions and freeze some pieces for other weeknights. Smiles everywhere!

Canola Oil Buttermilk Pound Cake

When we were shopping in San Antonio, I found these vintage Easter plates. I bought a set of 4 and I couldn't wait until the actual day to try them. Here, I am serving my pound cake with strawberries and frozen yogurt. It is refreshing and colorful, isn't it?
  







  

I really like upside down cakes, because they are like a piece of art. I put slices of Bosc pear on the bottom of my cake pan. Then, I topped it with a spice cake batter (cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, and other warm spices). After baking, I inverted it and voilĂ , a perfect French bakery-style dessert.

Upside Down Pear Spice Cake

The night I served my pear cake, I prepared yogurt-vanilla cream. It is so simple: a mixture of thick greek yogurt, powdered sugar, and real vanilla extract. Since presentation is super important, I placed each portion on my new red glass dessert plates. Real decadence!!!


Upside Down Pear Spice Cake with Yogurt-Vanilla Cream






No comments:

Post a Comment