Thursday, March 29, 2012

Special Weeknight Meals

My favorite place on earth is the dinner table. Every day, I am looking forward to sit down with my husband and enjoy a homemade meal. Sometimes I serve pizza, sometimes I grill a nice fish fillet. But when I am on a mood to try a new recipe, our wonderful dinner time gets even better. Here are some creative ways to serve dinner to your loved ones. The first plate is Beef and Butternut Squash Tagine, served with whole wheat couscous. Tagine is a Moroccan dish, which is always fragrant and spicy. I used crushed red pepper for a little heat and sirloin steak, which is a tender, juicy cut of meat. We enjoyed this meal with "Baguala" Malbec wine from Argentina (2008). The wine was full-bodied with notes of blackberries and it made a perfect match for lovely dinner. 



Beef and Butternut Squash Tagine


Pork Cutlets are perfect for quick dinners. They are very thin, so I grill them in less than 4 minutes. I sprinkle them with Herbs de Provence (a mixture of dried herbs, such as rosemary, lavender, basil, oregano, marjoram, and others) for a boost of flavor. I served them over roasted-garlic buttermilk mashed potatoes and pepper salsa. This pepper salsa tastes so good on top of the creamy potatoes and salty pork, because it has a touch of balsamic vinegar for a little sweetness. I can't wait to have our dinner tonight! It is always sooo good.

Provencal Pork Cutlets with Pepper Salsa


No comments:

Post a Comment