Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dinner tonight

Tonight we had an excellent dinner (and a whole lot of fun). To make this a three-course meal, I started with a creamy Parsnip and Carrot Soup. When cooked, these vegetables become so buttery and filling. I served this warming starter topped with balsamic vinegar reduction and a piece of butter. On the side, my homemade ciabatta rolls and a glass of fruity Italian Montepulciano.


Parsnip and Carrot Soup

This is my spin on the classic Shrimp Scampi dish. I make it with our homemade fresh linguine and I flavor it with Greek style ingredients: diced tomatoes, garlic, oregano, green bell peppers, and feta cheese. All the components create a wonderful marriage and a new favorite!


Greek Style Scampi

At the end of every meal, I have a desire for a little dessert. There is a common misconception that dessert should be saved for special occasions. But if you indulge something small each day, you are going to be always satisfied and you will not have cravings. I like to embelish my dish even if I am having dinner only with my husband. Here, I served my homemade tiramisu on a slate board. It is very elegant and pretty, due to the addition of a fresh flower and a dark-chocolate-sea-salt bark. This sweet and creamy tiramisu makes for an amazing finish to our weeknight meal. I hope I inspired you to serve a restaurant-quality dinner for your family and friends. Cheers!


Homemade tiramisu with almond-sea salt bark




No comments:

Post a Comment