Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bake sale


The following are baked goodies that I have created from scratch. I use mostly organic ingredients! These are great items for a bake sale. Pear and Pecan Muffins are very moist, because of the diced Bosc pear that I mix in the pecan batter. I eat them for midmorning or midafternoon snack. They are also good travelers (in fact, I took them to San Antonio!).



Pear and Pecan Muffins
 My Silmat is one of my favorite weapon in the kitchen. It makes baking much more easier, because nothing sticks to it! Here, I baked Almond Butter Snickerdoodles. The brown sugar gives them color, the cinnamon adds some spicy note, while the almon butter, the cream cheese, and the butter provide creaminess. Lovely, lovely snack!

Almond Butter Snickerdoodles (1)



Almond Butter Snickerdoodles (2)
 One of the best ways to use leftover raisins is in my Classic Raisin Scones. These are buttery, not too sweet, a little crunchy on the top, and what can I say more: DELICIOUS!


Classic Raisin Scones (1)




Classic Raisin Scones (2)


Each week I buy plenty of bananas. They are very healthy and good for people who exercise daily. Therefore, sometimes I have leftovers and transform them in banana bread. This bread is very soft and nutty. You can eat it by itself or with peanut butter for a classic combination.

Basic Banana Bread (1)



Basic Banana Bread (2)


Ricotta is not only used for pasta and pizza. I love to make this Ricotta, Olive Oil, and Lemon Muffins. They are tipical for Tuscany and I believe the combination of olice oil and lemon is just fabulous. They taste like mini-cheesecakes. I put some demerara sugar on top and it pops in your mouth...

Ricotta, Olive Oil, and Lemon Muffins

A bakery has to have also rolls and breads. So, I often bake these brioche rolls. They are a little time-consuming, because the dough has to rise overnight in the refrigerator. However, the result is perfect. They are made with eggs and butter and therefore, they have yellow color and flaky texture.

Bakery Style Brioche Rolls

Finally, my new creation is the Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits. It turns out that my husband likes biscuits a lot, so I have been improving my skills in the past months. Look, my efforts are worthy: flaky, gorgeous, perfect buscuits!
Parmesan Buttermilk Biscuits

No comments:

Post a Comment