Monday, July 2, 2012

Home cook heroe!!!

This week I feel like a home cook heroe! Everything I did, turned out very tasty and home-tasting. My Greek-inspired spinach pizza received a big improvement. This time, I cooked the spinach with lots of onions and garlic. Then, I carefully place it under the chicken, so it maintained its texture and humidity.


Greek-inspired spinach pizza
I made the salty chocolate ganache cake again, but this time I served it with honey creme anglaise. The honey creme anglaise is made with the same ingredients as my honey gelato. However, by serving it melted, it allows the cake to absorb some of the liquid and the final dessert is moist and silky.



Salted Chocolate Ganache Cake with Honey Creme Anglaise

What about a homemade profiterol filled with honey gelato, topped with hazelnut bark. Super chic!!! This dessert is French-inspired and I really like the combination of its textures: airy profiterol; cold and smooth gelato; and crunchy, salty bark.


Profiterol, honey gelato, hazelnut chocolate bark
This was my favorite meal! I pan-seared Alaskan wild salmon fillets with olive oil (making sure the skin gets crispy and the fish is cooked only medium-rare). Then I topped them with Mango-Pico de Gallo salsa. The salsa is super refreshing, sweet, and hot. To make it, I mixed one mango, one jalapeno, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. It is wonderful served with basmati rice pilaf!!!

Pan seared salmon with Mango Pico de Gallo and Basmati Rice Pilaf

Lentils are very healthy: they are full with fiber and folate. This time I cooked red lentils with onion, garlic, tomato paste, fresh sage, and thyme. After that I pureed them until smooth. To serve them, I added balsamic vinegar, fresh parsley, and a whole wheat breadstick with sage.


Red Lentil Soup with Whole Wheat Breadstick with Sage
I have been experimenting with new chocolate barks. My husband said that this is his favorite one! Dark chocolate, roasted pecans, coconut flakes, and sea salt. The rest is the same: my homemade profiterols, honey gelato, and housemade chocolate sauce. Do you see why am I a home cook heroe? 


My new bark: dark chocolate, roasted pecans, coconut flakes, and sea salt

In Italy, grissini are very popular. Basically, these are bread sticks. I made a non-traditional ones. My integrale grissini alla salvia are really amazing. Whole wheat and sage combined into a crunchy stick. I served them with homemade Caesar salad. The dressing is made with Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise for a unique experience. The toasted pine nuts and the shaved parmesan cheese on top are the perfect topping for the light lettuce leaves.



Caesar salad with Integrale Grissini alla Salvia
For afternoon snack, I prepared the all-time-favorite cocoa fudge cookies. When you bite into one of these, you feel how the delicious chocolate flavors melt in your mouth.The crispy edge becomes a soft center and you are in heaven!!!


Cocoa Fudge Cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment